Check out my other blogs: Life, etc. and Chrisfit



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fever Induced Nap Dreams

I'm on the second floor of a large, grand-looking house, over looking the open foyer downstairs. It's dark in here, the only light coming from the street lamps outside shining through a large window. I try a switch on the wall and a collection of multi-colored christmas lights burst into illumination outside. Well, that's not what I wanted. I flip the switch again. Rather than turning off, a second set of christmas lights inside turn on. I flip it again and the inside lights turn off but those outside still remain on. I flip a different switch, the inside christmas lights turn back on. I flip a third switch and the outside christmas lights turn off.
I walk outside. Across the street, a young woman in an ugly gray dress steps out from behind a car, takes notice of me, and pulls a knife out of her belt. She screams and throws the knife at me, it flies over head, missing my by an inch or two and I go back inside. There is a second scream. I return outside to see that the girl, having given chase had been hit by a car in the street. I run over to her but she is already dead. A police officer is standing over her body, checking her pulse but he confirms the worst. When he stands up he is holding two dolls. "Have you ever seen these before?" he asks. I shake my head no and walk back towards my house. I had bought her those dolls after her father died. BRAAAAHM!!
I turn back towards my house but stop when I notice, illuminated by red and green twinkling lights, a shetland pony walking around on the wall of my house. Seemingly unaffected by gravity, the small pony is walking around on the vertical wall and taking bites out of the brick like my house were a pasture.


In other news, the girl at the coffee shop made a joke about Tom Waits tonight. I think I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment