Check out my other blogs: Life, etc. and Chrisfit



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Robin's Poem

Dear Robin Red-Breast,
How is it you can sing,
When it is so cold today?
Does your breath fog like mine,
When you sing,
Outside in the cold today?
Dear Robin Red-Breast,
Why do you bother?
In the world so cold
To whom do you sing?
Who is here to listen?
To hear your sweet song?
Why do you sing out in the cold,
With your notes fogging and cracking,
In the cold, cold air?
You sing for me,
For I will hear you when I stand outside,
When it is so cold today.


"Self Portrait as Bird" by Chris Echesabal

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever studied Max Ernst's paintings? He was obsessed with birds and created an alter ego as himself as a bird-like creature named Loplop, who appeared in many of Ernst's works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on, just saw something else.

    You're reading the Lightning Thief??

    I finished the last book in the series last night. Always sad ending a series, even with a happy ending. Haven't seen the movie yet. Non-readers of the book say it sucks. I can't wait to see it.

    Ok, I'll stop spamming your blog now. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Robin's Response

    Dear Hearer Heart-Broken,
    You wonder how I sing,
    On a day so bitterly cold.
    My breath, it fogs like yours,
    When I sing,
    And dances beautifully before me.
    Dear Hearer Heart-Broken,
    Why don't you bother?
    In a world so cold
    I sing to its tenants.
    So many listen.
    So many hear.
    I sing out in the cold,
    My notes of breath and emotion,
    For without a song, there would just be cold.
    I sing for your heart,
    Whom will hear me when you stand outside,
    and will not feel the cold.

    ReplyDelete